Pension Administrator for Entertainment Industry
Los Angeles, CA 90036 | Direct Hire
We seek a Pension Administrator for our client’s busy group health benefits provider for members of the entertainment industry.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other healthcare benefits to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization (such as The Actors Fund and Alzheimer’s research).
This role offers an exciting opportunity for motion picture and production aficionados to make a contribution to the industry they love by providing top customer support to the creative community seeking assistance with member services. Our client offers forward career momentum to those eager to grow with this company. The Pension Administrator assists all levels of the organization and membership in person and over the phone.
Ideal candidates bring 4+ years of benefits and pension customer support, 2+ years’ experience working with defined benefits and contributions and are known for their upbeat and helpful personality.
About the Position:
- Provide information about pension and retirement plans
- Assist retirees and prepare retirement/withdrawal applications
- Assist with retirement applications
- Prepare payables, participant updates and forfeiture sheets
- Answer benefits questions from plan members
- Set up and review electronic funds transfers and rollover distributions
- Assist with death benefit applications
- Research identity of beneficiaries as needed
- Prepare Metlife paperwork
- Provide monthly reports to the Benefits Committee
- Process quarterly income adjustments
- Calculate annual OBRA benefits
- Monitor beneficiary payment expirations and account balances
- Answer departmental queries about retirement, withdrawal and death benefits
- Contact 3rd party vendors to facilitate support requests (pharmacies, providers)
- Conduct annual review of policies and procedures to implement improvements
- Inform members of available benefits and related paperwork
- Review and reconcile 1099-R reports annually
- Provide Claims and Eligibility forms
- Provide forms, SPDs, plan documents and other documents as requested and appropriate
- Research issues relating to payments, claims, benefits
- Troubleshoot pension account problems for members
- Fax or reissue explanation of benefits to plan members
- Provide information using digital systems (CRT)
- Special projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- 4+ years’ experience in customer service roles (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in defined benefits and contribution pension plans (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Taft-Hartley plans (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in benefits or pension department (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in financial services role (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ of college (PLUS)
- CEBS candidate (PLUS)
- Accounting experience or coursework (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: great math skills, punctuality, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, analytical, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.