Personal Banking Officer with Lending Experience
Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Direct Hire
We seek a Personal Banking Officer for our client, one of the largest privately held financial institutions in the United States.
Personal Banking Officers assist with loan documentation and servicing, customer service, personal banking and general administrative support to finance colleagues.
Operating from the Westside, our client’s customer service philosophy is based on “partnership”. As Los Angeles’ top influencers and decision makers, this institution’s customers expect and receive a collaborative experience to determine and arrive at the financial strategies that will best represent each customer’s values, needs and demands.
The ideal candidate brings 4+ years’ experience as a personal banker from a reputable banking establishment, 3+ years’ experience assisting with loan applications and lending products and a strong desire to help every customer whether the task is easy or complex.
About this Position:
- Process customer deposits and related activities
- Answer phones and distribute calls or assist customers
- Open new customer accounts
- Collect documents and financial information as requested
- Accurately perform wire and account transfers
- Administrative tasks associated with accounts and other banking activities
- Assist customers with loan preparation, processing and funding
- Order title reports
- Submit FCC filings
- Filing and file maintenance
- Prepare loan documents
- Call and email customers to provide customer support
- Review borrowing base levels
- Prepare monthly monitoring reports
- Provide consultative expertise to clients and prospects to determine their best solutions
- Explain services offered and make recommendations based on client needs analysis
- Provide suggestions that support the overall goals, objectives and budgets of clients
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing in the market
- Identify and cross sell other client banking needs
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Occasional overtime is required.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree or some college (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience in banking (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in loan processing or servicing (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in commercial loan documentation (MUST)
- Able to educate customers by explaining the value and differences between products (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: solution oriented mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, works well with any personality, advanced written and verbal communication, team player, strong work ethic, goal oriented, ability to achieve set goals easily
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.