Portfolio Implementation Associate
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Our client is a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $27 billion in assets under management is seeking an exceptional Portfolio Implementation Associate.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and are frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
The Portfolio Implementation Associate provides administrative, risk management and trading support to associates. Some responsibilities include report generation, account management, trade monitoring, audits, reconciliation and other portfolio activities.
The ideal candidate brings at least 3 years’ experience working directly with investment accounts and using advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, formulas, macros, VB) to generate comprehensive reports. Their organizational style allows them to administer multiple projects simultaneously, meeting related deadlines with ease. They are proactive about keeping an accurate understanding of current industry programs (ie Bloomberg, Charles River, GWP, Factset, Vestek, Fiserv APL & MMS), markets, financial theory and the investment management industry as a whole.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Account administrative management
- Verify the accuracy of new account paperwork
- Monitor account activity, withdrawals, deposits, etc.
- Provide trading and portfolio management reports
- Document and file paperwork
- Maintain trade and sponsor databases
- Respond to inquiries
- Distribute client paperwork
- Quarterly and annual SOI review
- Monitor daily Fidelity/Schwab alerts
- Audit quarterly MSCI reports
- Review account program trades
- Review daily trades
- Reconcile strategy models
- Generate drift reports
- Generate ETF/Mutual Fund orders
- Communicate strategy models to sponsors
- Monitor trading activity, completion and order allocations
- Reconcile allocation issues
- Submit trades to custodians
- Stay current about markets, financial theory and the investment management industry
- Special projects, as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in investments and financial industry (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with financial systems such as Bloomberg, Charles River, GWP, Factset, Vestek, Fiserv APL & MMS (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with Excel links, pivot tables, formatting, formulas, macros and VB (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Access, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: organized, strong work ethic, advanced communication, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, team player, critical thinker, honest, works well in fast paced or stressful environments
BENEFITS: Amazing company culture, competitive salary, health & dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parking, lunch provided daily, bonuses.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.