Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
Career Strategies seeks a Production Technician in the Valley to assist with the nurturing of marijuana plants.
This is a long term temporary assignment, starting immediately, for the Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm shift and could become a full time opportunity for the right hire, based on performance.
Mandatory dress code is closed toe shoes and jeans (lab coats and hair nets are also mandatory and will be provided).
Our client’s business incorporates cultivation, production, distribution and retail operations throughout North America with a focus on safety, innovation and scalability. They’ve taken an active role in modernizing the industry as well as shaping the laws that affect it. Their quickly growing team includes leaders within their respective fields who ensure that the organization operates at the highest professional standards and regulations. The founders are highly regarded and called on frequently by major publications and news outlets to provide their views on the current and future cannabis landscape.
The Production Technician completes manufacturing work in a labor-intensive environment within the facility. Tasks include process and equipment set-up, assembly and product packaging among others.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Label and package products
- Follow safety procedures
- Weigh and package products
- Accurately operate scales and other precision instruments
- Enter journal data about processing and packaging activities
- Clean and maintain work and storage spaces
- Update room and equipment logs
- Monitor and record temperature, pressure and other process details into journal
- Maintain small equipment, alerting management to damage
- Attend training sessions
- Follow company procedures and standards
- Operate solvent extraction system, manual to semi-automatic manufacturing and packaging system, wet and dry scales, agitators, dispensers, labelling and other related equipment (training is provided)
- Operate commercial kitchen equipment
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- High school diploma (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in commercially licensed cannabis, food or packaging facility (MUST)
- Basic PC skills: light Excel (MUST)
- Technologically savvy (MUST)
- Reliable transportation (MUST)
- Knowledge of cannabis seed and cultivation (PLUS)
- Personality and skills: basic math skills, strong work ethic, ability to understand instructions, team player, keen eye for detail, honest, punctual, responsible, written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills, possess sound judgment
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.