Property Accountant with Construction Experience
Los Angeles, CA 90025 | Direct Hire
We are currently interviewing commercial real estate accountants for our client in West LA.
This role oversees the entire year’s (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) financial information for their assigned portfolio of properties.
Our client is a publicly traded, development and management company of high end office and entertainment properties along the west coast of the United States. Focused on long term investments, they take great care with design-forward, state-of-the-art workspaces and tenant retention through organic growth. Their portfolio includes multiple Los Angeles studios, allowing them hands on experience within the creative space.
Highly regarded among peers for their ideals about responsible development, they have received numerous awards for their work. Their efforts increase jobs in the community (thousands to the LA market), strive to end homelessness, provide safe community programs and have revitalized the Hollywood Film landscape. With a socially conscious mindset, they encourage their employees’ pursuit of charitable and volunteer opportunities and as a company, take part in a wide spectrum of organizations, including multiple chapters of the Boys and Girls Club, the Jewish Community Foundation, the Los Angeles Little League, the Plymouth Housing Group and the Hollywood Arts Council to name just a few.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in commercial real estate accounting with a degree in accounting, finance or another closely related field. Our client seeks motivated, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
About the Position:
- Process daily transactions (with GAAP)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual closes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Review tenant credit memos, non-recurring billings and cash receipts
- Provide account analysis and reconciliations
- Approve tenant billing, move out and lease documentation
- Regularly review accounts receivable aging for delinquencies, cash applications and prepaid rent
- Record depreciation and amortization of fixed assets
- Monitor and update records regarding tenant improvements and commissions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Assist with CAM reconciliations
- Provide analytical support
- Prepare lender reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in general accounting in commercial real estate industry (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills, specifically MS Office, specifically with Excel functions, shortcuts and formulas (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), extrovert, creative, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Benefits: Our client offers comprehensive benefits and programs that enhance employee wellness, community involvement and work-life balance. These include a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; life and disability coverage; 401(k); employee assistance; referral bonuses; professional development; charitable giving and volunteer opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.