Quality Control Technician - Construction/Manufacturing
Mira Loma, CA 91752
We seek an experienced Quality Control Technician to join our client’s firm and perform QC on a metal truss and FRP panel assembly using a Faro Laser Tracker and CAD software.
This role will receive on the job training for this equipment so prior experience with this device is not required, however, they must have experience with CAD modeling, excellent math skills and the ability to accurately identify the plane, edge lines, point, parallel, perpendicular, line, circumference, radius and diameter, and MUST be able to lift heavy items to perform the job. Ideal candidates come with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience doing similar work.
Must have strong reading comprehension to understand manuals, ability to follow complex instructions accurately and in detail, excellent communication and comprehension skills.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Complete on the job training
- Perform QC on metal trusses
- Perform QC on FRP panel assemblies
- Replicate step by step processes numerous times every day (20+ times a day)
- Troubleshoot errors through repeated measurements with the equipment
- Set up sensitive metrology equipment
- Properly identify: plane, edge lines, file extensions (.stp /.3dm), point, parallel, perpendicular, line, circumference, radius, diameter
- Use basic math skills to review and report the data
- Restart sensors and machines
- Calibrate machines and equipment
- Export QAQC data to appropriate parties
- Use a Faro laser
- Reposition heavy items
- Lift and carry heavy items and equipment
- Work with team member to move and measure trusses
- Reference equipment manuals frequently
- Light computer work using Windows 10 (create and manage folders, transfer data files)
- Use CAD modeling software
- Rotate CAD models to align with physical model for measurement
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
- 2+ years’ working in similar roles (MUST)
- 2+ years’ following complex technical instructions (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in architecture or construction (PLUS)
- Intermediate+ software skills: CAD modeling, MS Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong math skills, detail-oriented, strong technical skills, solid work ethic, reliable, excellent communication, self-motivated, organized, analytical, problem-solver, curious
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.