Quality Engineer, Global Supply Chain
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Our client, a Global Supply Chain to the aerospace and medical industries, seek a Quality Engineer to join their dynamic, collaborative, professional engineering team.
The ideal candidate has a BS (or higher) degree in Engineering, 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing or process engineering as well as root cause analysis. They are tech savvy and able to communicate complex technical concepts to clients and coworkers.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Assist with quality system management
- Lead customer and regulatory audits
- Perform root cause analysis using CAPA and other tools
- Drive process improvements
- Review order requirements
- Communicate formal and informal status, action, recommendations and other technical information
- Perform verifications/inspections on processed material
- Respond to inquiries from customers, suppliers or regulatory agencies
- Ensure specification requirements are achieved
- Analyze data
- Identify and resolve problems
- Manage issues with materials, compliance and complaints
- Review inspection reports and certifications
- Maintain inventory and specification files
- Prepare certificates of conformance
- Provide special shipment documentation
- Coordinate tests
- Coordinate conversion packet assembly
- Develop and provide training to QA team
- Ensure correct logical process control metrics
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BS degree in engineering or related (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in quality, manufacturing, or process engineering (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using QA tools and root cause analyses (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in process control, quality specs, inspections and lean manufacturing (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills & comfortable using MS Office Suite (MUST)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Leadership, self-starter, analytical, communication skills, willingness to collaborate on projects, organized, problem solver, multi-tasker, technical acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.