RN Supervisor - Licensed RN
Valley Stream, NY 11580
We seek a Licensed RN for a leadership opportunity as an RN Supervisor at our client’s large, long term care senior facility in New York. This position covers the 8am to 4pm shift.
Our client is a well-respected, 115-bed senior care facility in Nassau County. They offer elegant accommodations with advanced senior and rehabilitative services. They pride themselves on active community service and giving back… hosting numerous special programs and taking strides to integrate both their community in house with the greater community that surrounds them.
The RN Supervisor directs the daily operations of the nursing department and the long term plan of the patient care area. They develop new staff and foster cohesive group partnerships. By regularly evaluating team members, providing guidance and enhanced training as needed, they ensure their team maintains the highest level of care to patients and performs procedures with accuracy. In addition to nursing duties they directly perform, they provide emotional and physical support for patients, their family and visitors.
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing quality senior care to every resident and leading by example. They are actively licensed as an RN with 3+ years of nursing management experience in Long Term Care. They are effective communicators with excellent conflict resolution skills.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Direct daily operations of the nursing department
- Supervise and evaluate patient care
- Observe and implement care of residents
- Perform nursing duties
- Lead by example
- Distribute tasks to team members
- Supervise nursing aides
- Organize and evaluate Nursing team
- Assess the quality of care given by team members
- Address complaints or concerns from residents, families, etc.
- Respond appropriately to changes in patient condition and document
- Review and revise nursing care plans
- Recruit and hire team staff
- Investigate and report employee incidents
- Provide respectful and courteous care to residents, families and visitors
- Attend meetings
- Prepare reports or recommendations
- Inform appropriate staff of changes in patients’ progress, condition or needs
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Evaluate team members
- Ensure clean appearance of the facility
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Respond to emergency situations
- Oversee compliance with established policies, procedures and resident care policies
- Enforce harassment and complaint procedures
- Ensure adherence with federal, state and local regulations
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- New York RN license (MUST)
- CPR certification (MUST)
- 3+ years’ of nursing experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Long Term Care (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as a nursing supervisor position (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.