Real Estate Paralegal
Studio City, CA 91604 | Direct Hire
We seek a sharp Real Estate Paralegal to join our client’s very customer service oriented property management team.
Our client is a privately held, national property management firm catering to commercial properties throughout the United States. In business for over 50 years, they currently own and manage over 70 properties. They take pride in their hands on involvement with multiple charitable organizations, primarily those focused on children and education, with a special focus on encouraging young adults to change the world for the better. This company makes a profound difference in the community!
The ideal candidate brings more than 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate, has a BA degree, a paralegal certificate and a notary license. They are a motivated self-starter who functions well in fast-paced offices.
About the Position:
- Draft and edit amendments, assignments and other
- Support corporate, property management and compliance teams and matters
- Draft lease agreements, assignments, extensions, amendments, terminations etc
- Track the progress of lease agreements, amendments, estoppel certificates etc
- Assist with negotiation and revision of leases and related
- Update Yardi records
- Conduct legal research
- Write concise summary memoranda and discovery responses
- Prepare and manage exhibit lists and privilege logs
- Coordinate with outside legal vendors
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Assist with responses and discovery
- Summarize discovery responses
- Draft legal documents, ie pleadings, correspondence and memorandum
- Gather supporting documentation
- Administrative duties
- Draft and edit correspondence
- Manage client relationships
- Notarize documents
- Special projects, as assigned
- Occasional overtime
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree or equivalent experience (MUST)
- Paralegal Certificate (MUST)
- Notary License (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial real estate and/or property management accounting (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in real estate leasing (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Yardi (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using View the Space - VTS (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.