Real Estate Transaction Coordinator
Studio City, CA 91604
We seek a sharp Real Estate Transaction Coordinator to join our client’s very customer service oriented property management team.
Our client is a privately held, national property management firm catering to both residential and commercial properties throughout the United States. In business for nearly 50 years, they currently own and manage over 70 properties. They take pride in their hands on involvement with multiple charitable organizations, primarily those focused on children and education, with a special focus on encouraging young adults to change the world for the better. This company makes a profound difference in the community!
The Transaction Coordinator assists agents and management by coordinating tasks required by realtors, clients, 3rd party vendors and property managers. They maintain files and oversee the processing of related documentation.
The ideal candidate brings 3+ years’ experience working with leasing and commercial real estate, a deep understanding of legal compliance in the real estate industry and thorough knowledge of the steps involved in the leasing process. They have a positive and friendly nature and take pride in their highly organized transaction management skills. Our client likes self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. They encourage entrepreneurship and out-of-the-box thinking.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Coordinate the collection of transaction documents for acquisitions and sales
- Coordinate transaction files and activities
- Maintain checklists
- Scan all documentation into Secure Box
- Submit for and track lender approvals
- Sort, scan and file lease documents
- Track documents including ACLs
- Run credit reports
- Prepare approval terms
- Manage document execution (ensure docs are complete before signing)
- Review contracts, disclosures and other documents for signatures, dates and execution
- Send daily task reminders about contingencies and important deadlines
- Open bank accounts for new assets
- Send out weekly leasing report
- Draft lease, amendment and other related documents
- File all tenant correspondence
- Sort and distribute mail for executives
- Notarize documents
- Maintain paper and electronic files
- Review tenant improvement allowance requests
- Prepare reimbursements
- Prepare Estoppels
- Assist tenants on voluntary surrenders and associated documents
- Prepare termination agreements and amendments
- Provide information using Yardi, DocStar and VTS software
- Correspond with tenants and other parties to ensure document completion
- Track important transaction dates to ensure timely completion
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About The Candidate:
- AA+ degree (PLUS)
- Notary license (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ real estate or property management experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using Yardi (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using View the Space - VTS (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using computerized phone system - Fonality (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word (MUST)
- Personality and Skills: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), extrovert, team player, works well with groups, ethical, proactive
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.