Receptionist at International Investment Company
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
We seek a sharp Receptionist for our client, a global financial services firm specializing in sales and trading, investment and wealth management, hedge funds and more.
Our client offers forward career momentum within their company to those eager to move up. Their portfolio spans software, healthcare, industrial and technological industries throughout the United States and abroad.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ experience in a busy reception for a finance related business. They appreciate following a routine, excel at managing time and assignments and constantly seek ways to improve their team’s success and efficiency. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Answer telephones and distribute incoming calls
- Greet clients and visitors
- Reconcile credit card transactions monthly
- Complete associated new hire tasks for new employees
- Maintain and reconcile expense spreadsheets
- Provide printing and binding services for pitch books and presentation materials daily
- Assist with new hire onboarding (desk set up, order business cards, office tour, etc)
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Sort mail, scan and fax
- Update and distribute office wide information
- Distribute mail and packages
- Organize messenger service, deliveries, mail
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Prepare conference and meeting rooms for events
- Maintain appearance of conference room and common areas
- Maintain an inventory list and keep office stocked with all the basics
- Stock and maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Submit weekly supply orders (Costco, Staples, Amazon, etc.) for multiple locations
- Act with discretion when handling confidential information
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- BA degree+ (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as a receptionist (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and Outlook (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and verbal communication, professional demeanor, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.