Receptionist for Finance Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90064
We seek a sharp Receptionist for our client’s Westside hedge fund firm, operating with over $10B in assets.
Our client is a multi-billion dollar investment manager whose clients include some of the largest public and corporate pension funds and endowments throughout the US and Europe. Currently, they sit among the 75 largest hedge funds in the world and are known by employees for their collaborative environment and terrific work culture.
The Receptionist provides administrative support for various team members in addition to managing the visitor and call distribution. The position works Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ experience in a busy reception for a finance industry related business. They appreciate following a routine, excel at managing time and assignments and constantly seek ways to improve their team’s success and efficiency. Our client prefers dynamic, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results.
About the Position:
- Answer telephones and distribute incoming calls
- Greet clients and visitors
- Maintain appearance of conference room and common areas
- Prepare conference and meeting rooms for events
- Coordinate executive communications
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Administrative duties
- Maintain filing systems, contacts and distribution lists
- Coordinate business travel arrangements for domestic and international trips
- Manage travel itineraries
- Draft professional correspondence and emails
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Sort mail, scan and fax
- Prepare and send out mass mail
- Distribute mail and faxes
- Organize messenger service, deliveries, mailings
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Stock and maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Act with discretion when handling confidential information
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience as a receptionist in a busy corporate environment (MUST)
- BA degree (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work to meet deadlines (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.