Receptionist for Financial Investment Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90071 | Direct Hire
We seek a receptionist to join our client’s rapidly growing financial company in Los Angeles.
Our client is a Los Angeles-based financial company dedicated to providing highly personalized services to its clients. This is a client facing role requiring someone to take ownership over scheduling, travel planning, meeting preparation and being the first voice or face reached by clients.
The ideal candidate brings more than 5 years’ experience as a receptionist in a busy professional environment, used to managing busy phones and walk in visitors. Using effective communication with professionals at all level (from executives, to investors, to team members) is a common aspect of their day to day.
About this Position:
- Answer telephones and distribute incoming calls
- Greet clients and visitors
- Maintain appearance of conference room and common areas
- Prepare conference and meeting rooms for events
- Coordinate executive communications
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Administrative duties
- Coordinate business travel arrangements
- Manage travel itineraries
- Draft professional correspondence and emails
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Sort mail, scan and fax
- Prepare and send out mass mail
- Distribute mail and faxes
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Maintain office supplies
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Act with discretion when handling confidential information
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Occasional overtime is required.
About the Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience as a receptionist in a busy corporate environment (MUST)
- BA degree (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work to meet deadlines (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.