Recruiting and Development Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90036 | Direct Hire
We seek a Recruitment and Development Coordinator for our client, a leading California law firm, to provide recruiting support to 6 branch offices.
Our client is a large legal firm specializing in public education. They have 6 branch offices and represent over 400 of California’s busiest educational institutions, from school districts to community colleges, county offices to elementary schools. They excel at providing specialized legal services and are proud to explain that many employees began their careers in public education. Their passion for education extends beyond legal counsel into efforts that support community potential. Their philanthropy team and volunteers have instituted multiple charitable programs aimed at encouraging K-12 students to welcome diversity and collaboration through creative competitions (such as art, essay and photography contests), supporting renewable energy usage in schools through green challenges and hosting tech summits that bring professionals from both worlds together to discuss and develop strategies to integrate technological improvements in the public education system.
Recruitment Coordinators assist a company’s recruiting and training efforts by finding, interviewing and hiring fantastic candidates to join the team. They work closely with prospective candidates, external recruiters and other departments to plan for upcoming hiring needs and source candidates using passive and active resources for open positions. This role also assists in the implementation of programs that aim to attract, measure, and develop employees.
The ideal candidate brings at least 2 years of recruiting and human resources experience, a BA degree in business administration, prior experience at a law firm and has a solid grasp on finding and determining excellent future employees for the company. With their dynamic personality, they get along well with all personality types, take confidentiality seriously and are passionate about education.
- Write and manage job posts on internal and external job boards
- Review applicant resumes
- Schedule interviews with prospective employees
- Screen candidates by phone or skype to obtain work history, education, skills and suitability
- Coordinate follow up meetings
- Provide information on company, its operations and job opportunities
- Conduct reference and background checks
- Develop professional relationships with colleges, placement offices, employment headhunters, outside recruiters and 3rd party vendors
- Attend job/career fairs
- Source job seekers found using online resources
- Determine and assess training needs
- Update candidate data, activity and feedback in applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Track interview feedback
- Act as point person for inquiries
- Coordinate offer packages and training
- Develop training programs and support materials
- Develop and coordinate basic and continued education programs
- Regularly assess and improve hiring, onboarding and training procedures and materials
- Provide information on client opportunities and their company dynamics to find the right fit
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Human Resources (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in general recruiting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in law firms (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in human resources role (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience/knowledge of local and federal hiring laws and required reporting (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer skills including MS Office (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Document Managing Systems (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using ATS - Applicant Tracking Systems (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, organized, detail oriented, positive attitude, customer service oriented, friendly, leadership, ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, conflict resolution
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Full benefits and perks: Company cell and laptop, paid vacation, casual office attire, flexible work-from-home options and more