Regional Property Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90015 | Direct Hire
We seek a Regional Property Manager for a great opportunity with our client’s downtown Los Angeles property management firm that believes in enriching the lives of low income individuals and families.
The Regional Property Manager oversees multiple communities (with over 800+ units) and acts as the primary contact for both sites under development as well as those in their portfolio. They direct building operations and property management personnel on site.
Our client is a nonprofit that owns and operates over 30 affordable living communities that cater to 6000 low income residents. Their communities offer on-site social service programs that assist underserved children and families, seniors, and those with special needs ensuring housing stability and long term self-sufficiency. Community development has been at the core of their values since 1968, working to integrate residents with their communities in a thriving and mutually beneficial way to strengthen neighborhoods, provide environmentally friendly housing solutions and enhance livelihoods. Their efforts to advance the affordable housing industry reach the governmental level with programs that influence public policy regulations, partnerships with trade associations, providing expert testimony and outreach that drive policy changes, and promoting the use of environmentally sustainable materials and practices. This is a great company to join for those eager to “make a difference”.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality and expertise in the financial service & wealth management industry. They have a Series 65 license, 8+ years’ experience in high level management roles and a BA in Business or Finance.
About the Position:
- Hire property managers for communities in their portfolio
- Train and supervise property managers and their teams at individual communities
- Prepare property operating budgets
- Monitor capital improvement and preventative maintenance schedules
- Implement timelines
- Review monthly financial reports and operating expenses including rents and receivables
- Assist the accounting department on financial reporting, vacancies, invoices, and rent collections
- Oversee the annual re-certification process of each property
- Develop & maintain marketing plans to ensure a stable occupancy level
- Develop operating budgets and management plans for new properties
- Supervise follow-up on problem resolution
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues
- Direct day-to-day facilities operations and activities
- Site visits
- Work with outside vendors, procure bids for authorized work
- Manage complex regulatory requirements
- Physically inspect and walk the property
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Develop productive and sustainable workflows and protocols
- Conduct monthly Market Surveys
- Ensure building security measures are maintained and incidents are correctly documented
- Promote friendly atmosphere and high level of customer service
- Provide weekly reports to corporate office
- Prepare monthly tenant delinquency reports and property accruals
- Participate in standards training
- Some local travel may be required
- Special projects, as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 7+ years’ experience in property management and leasing (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience multi-site property management/supervision (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with HUD and TCAC properties (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with rent restrictions, income restrictions and annual re-certifications (MUST)
- Familiarity with Fair Housing laws and regulations (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Yardi or similar (MUST)
- Personality: detail oriented, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, highly organized, ethical, discrete, ability to write clear and professional business correspondence, ability to understand contracts and documents typical to the management of real estate, professional attire and demeanor, organized, analytical, problem-solver, multi-tasker
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.