Remote Certified Professional Coder
Santa Monica, CA 90401
A well know hospital in the West Los Angeles area is looking for an experienced and responsible Remote Certified Professional Coder.
Our client is a Hollywood area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Certified Professional Coder analyze medical documentation and assign correct diagnosis and procedure codes to patient records.
Ideal candidates bring solid hospital coding experience, inpatient and outpatient support experience and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by ensuring top service! Candidates MUST be state certified.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Review medical / patient charts
- Assign ICD-10-CM and/or CPT codes
- Stay current with compliance regulations and rules
- Complete assignments accurately and timely
- Revenue Cycle
- Outpatient, infusion, charge capture and OP coding
- Ensuring that coding is accurate and in compliance
- Records will be maintained in accordance with medical and legal standards
- Explain and update doctors on the medical records and charts
- Special assignments as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- 5+ years' healthcare billing / coding (MUST)
- CPC, RHIT, CCS coding certification (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and ICD-9, CPT (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
See more healthcare administration opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.