Sales Admin – Metal Industry
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Our client, an international distributor to the aerospace, medical, oil and gas industries (among many others) specializing in heat and corrosion-resistant alloys, seeks a Sales Admin to join their dynamic, friendly, and professional team to support their clients.
The Sales Admin assists potential customers by providing product and market information. They develop and service accounts while building solid relationships with existing customers as well as potential leads. The role is a combination of sales and customer service.
The ideal candidate has a friendly personality, patience and a genuine desire to HELP people. They are tech-savvy and have administrative experience. A motivated, reliable ‘right-hand’ who can interact with clients and coworkers in a friendly, engaging way. We’re looking for that needle in a haystack – a multi-tasking, optimistic people-person who can juggle priorities while staying calm, cool and collected. Is that YOU?
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Negotiate prices and delivery
- Provide quotes on product prices and orders
- Follow up on customer quotes for orders
- Provide excellent customer service
- Respond to customer requests
- Share competitor and market information
- Develop new business opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with key customers
- Communicate order status or changes to field sales, business development, product managers
- Update order delivery status / late order reports
- Communicate via email, phone, website forms, fax and other
- Enter orders in CRM system
- Review contracts for order accuracy
- Audit and correct orders
- Support website chat team members
- Resolve and document customer concerns, complaints and resolutions
- Attend trade shows
- Visit customers and suppliers
- Attend training & business meetings
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- BA degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in sales (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills & comfortable using MS Office Suite (MUST)
- Desired Characteristics / Personality: Service oriented, pleasant and friendly demeanor, STRONG phone skills, polished, articulate telephone etiquette, communication skills, organizational skills, team player and willingness to collaborate on projects, warm, professional, organized, problem solver, multi-tasker, technical acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.