Sales Tax Associate / Customer Relations
Sun Valley, CA 91352 | Direct Hire
We seek a Sales Tax Associate with accounting experience and sales tax knowledge for a FT opportunity with our client’s Sun Valley office.
Our client is the Los Angeles based branch of a luxury, European eyewear manufacturer who distributes artisan crafted eyewear in over 80 countries via multiple international branch locations. This division provides brand management, creative services, sales and marketing for the group’s US-based distributors, which include: Converse, Lucky Brand, John Varvatos, Jonathan Adler, Jones New York, Police, CH Carolina Herrera, Nina Ricci, Chopard, Tumi and Dunhill. They take particular interest in the selection and career development of their staff, giving extra care to motivate internal employees and offer training and professional growth to those interested in upward career mobility.
The Sales Tax Associate / Customer Service Representative supports the accounting team by providing sales tax document preparation and compliance. This role performs regular research to ensure that company practices meet government requirements related local, county and state sales tax, use tax regulations, licensing and compliance. In addition, this role provides customer service support and is in constant communication with internal and external customers and vendors.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality and keeps meticulous records. They have a minimum of 2 years’ experience providing bookkeeping or accounting services in the luxury goods industry, a degree in accounting or business and is a wizard in Excel. The ideal candidate also brings at least 1 years’ experience using MS Navision.
About this Position:
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors and customers
- Online research
- Prepare sales tax documents
- File sales tax documents online
- Suggest improvements to accounting process related to sales tax
- Implement improvements to streamline process
- Manage the sales and use tax audit process
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of tax return filings
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Aging reports, past due notice prep, journal entries and other
- Assist in month-end closing
- Reconcile balance sheets and variances
- Assist in annual audit tasks and schedules
- Maintain files and documentation
- Report according to month/quarter-end reporting schedule
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA + degree in accounting or related (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience sales tax prep and filing (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience with online research, documentation (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel** (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using MS Navision Accounting software or SAP (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, advanced MS Excel skills, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.