Senior "Big Data" Engineer
Los Angeles, CA 90025 | Direct Hire
We seek a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our client, a leading data analytics provider in California.
Our client is an e-commerce data provider that uses cutting edge technology to provide analytical marketing data that targets the correct audience for their clients’ brands, markets and products. Using that data, they guide marketing strategy to drive ad performance and audience placement ensuring that marketing dollars are well spent. They maintain a relatively small team of top professionals that bring value and culture fit and provide a fantastic work environment with the perks and benefits that make working there a pleasure. They encourage community involvement and maintaining a rich personal life so that each team member achieves work / life balance. Their dynamic and fun environment is a great place to work and realize your potential today!
We’re interviewing experienced software engineers to find the right fit for our client, an e-commerce data provider that uses cutting edge technology and places high value in creative solutions from team members to provide unparalleled products that shape the industry standard. Their dynamic and fun environment is a great place to work and realize your potential today!
The ideal candidate offers a wide range of coding capabilities that reach beyond common stack environments as well as a Masters+ in statistics, social sciences or computational biology. They have dynamic personality which works well with all personality types and thrive for challenges to design the next “best” product.
About the Position:
- Lead architecture, design and development of applications and services
- Design "big data" systems that are scalable linearly
- Act as technical lead during development life cycle
- Lead team of engineers on multiple projects
- Scope, plan, design, implement and test new products
- Use best practice engineering standards
- Develop core technology
- Refine existing code and suggest improvements
- Execute product requests
- Write design and programming specifications
- Develop and maintain applications written in a Java/J2EE platform environment
- Guide engineering teams operating on Linux platforms
- Produce functional specifications, feasibility assessments, time estimates and value assessments
- Assess new technologies for inclusion in development process
- Code most difficult and complex software modules
- Determine technical and business approaches to integrate into projects
- Develop new technical tools
- Evangelize new ideas and technologies
- Use NoSQL and scalable platforms to produce new data driven products
- Design solutions with scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance in mind
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
- 10+ years engineering experience (MUST)
- 8+ years of experience in object oriented software engineering (MUST)
- 5+ years of working on "big data" projects (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in data modeling (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience with scalable SQL, NoSQL, and distributed solutions (Redshift, Hbase, Redis, Spark, Impala) (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in cloud and on site deployments (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience with a broad range of systems, API's, protocols, and standards (MUST)
- Experience with Web Services architecture (MUST)
- Expert in programming languages and frameworks including Java/J2EE, Spring, Scala ++ (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong work ethic, collaborative, positive outlook, reliable, excellent written and verbal communication, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious
Benefits: competitive pay, 401(k), highly subsidized insurance plans, continued education and training, ten days PTO annually, free lunch/drinks/snacks every day, wellness rewards, flexible time off, employee recognition programs, opportunities for community outreach.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.