Los Angeles, CA 90025
We seek a Senior Accountant to support the accounting team at our client’s conservative, employee-owned investment management firm in a Temp to Hire opportunity.
The Senior Accountant provides routine accounting services, ensures the accuracy of accounting information and maintains quality control over transactions and reporting.
The ideal candidate has used GAAP practices in their 3+ years’ of corporate finance experience and a BA+ degree in Accounting. They are personally dedicated to continuous growth, bring a high energy, dynamic personality and advanced skills in Excel.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Ensure timely payment of all reimbursements and invoices
- Prepare financial statements
- Create management reports and audit schedules
- Oversee 1099 process and filings.
- Assist with insurance renewals, issuing certificates of insurance, etc.
- Assist with year end audits, tax preparation and quarterly review
- Assist with accounts receivable and collections
- Ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting
- Implement internal process, policy and control improvements
- Train and mentor staff accountants
- Reconcile financial discrepancies
- Prepare management reports
- Process daily transactions using GAAP principles
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and accrual reports
- Reconcile accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Prepare schedules and reports for audits
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Business Administration or a related (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in progressive general accounting and/or corporate finance (MUST)
- CPA or CPA candidate (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience using GAAP (MUST)
- Intermediate + computer skills with advanced Excel and other MS Office (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organized, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels, polished professional demeanor
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; 401(K) matching; paid time off; weekly lunch and quarterly breakfast events
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.