Senior Certified Medical Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90027
A well-established hospital in Los Angeles has an immediate need for an experienced Sr. Certified Medical Assistant who has experience working in a hospital Orthopedic environment and an excellent work ethic.
Our client is a leading acute care facility committed to providing quality medical and nursing care to Los Angeles’ local multicultural communities. They employ over 500 physicians of an expansive range of specialties.
The Sr. Certified Medical Assistant offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a front-facing patient position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation, and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in a medical office for 5+ years and can speak Mandarin or Cantonese. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Front office
- Schedule appointments
- Arranging admission
- Handle billing
- Updating and file medical records
- Answering phones
- Greet patients
- Check-in patients
- Rooming patients Taking patient history
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- Medical Assistant certification (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience as a Medical Assistant (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience working in Hospital Orthopedics (MUST)
- Bilingual English Mandarin or Cantonese (PLUS)
- Full-charge knowledge (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: leadership skills, warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.