Senior Commercial Underwriter
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Our client, one of the largest privately held financial institutions in the United States, seeks a Senior Commercial Underwriter to provide underwriting support.
Operating from the Westside, our client’s customer service philosophy is based on “partnership”. As Los Angeles’ top influencers and decision makers, this institution’s customers expect and receive a collaborative experience to determine and arrive at the financial strategies that will best represent each customer’s values, needs and demands.
The Senior Commercial Underwriter provides underwriting support for commercial and construction loans. This role provides comprehensive analyses of applications and related financial documents, prepares Credit File Reports and other underwriting tasks.
Candidates for this opportunity should bring 3+ years of progressive experience in underwriting for the commercial space. The ideal candidate has a thorough mastery of this market, its services and products and is able to analyze and determine borrower worthiness.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Provide underwriting support for commercial (C&I) and commercial real estate loans
- Analyze commercial loan applications for borrower’s credit worthiness
- Assist in determining level of interest for new credit opportunities
- Structure new credits for approval submission
- Prepare the Credit File Report (CFR) on loan transactions
- Prepare loan structure/pricing analysis
- Provide borrower history/experience assessment
- Review historical financial statements and provide projection spreadsheets
- Analyze tax returns and credit reports
- Provide collateral evaluation and repayment/risk analysis
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in general loan underwriting (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial and real estate underwriting (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in financial and tax accounting (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in credit risk principles (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: analytical, solution oriented mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, works well with any personality, advanced written and verbal communication, team player, strong work ethic, goal oriented, ability to achieve set goals easily
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.