Senior Wealth Advisor
San Diego, CA 92130 | Direct Hire
We seek a Senior Wealth Advisor for a great opportunity at our client’s financial planning firm. Our client is a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $20 billion in assets under management.
$125k (DOE) + quarterly bonus + benefits
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and are frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
The Senior Wealth Advisor works with a growth-focused advisory team to provide exceptional service to affluent investors and builds company productivity by expanding relationships, discovering new clients and building productive relationships with clients with greater than $1M assets that can be invested.
The ideal candidate shows a proven and recognizable level of success in business development within high value companies or in an advisory capacity for affluent clients. They are dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, have a dynamic personality and expertise in the financial service & wealth management industry. They have 4+ years’ experience in wealth management roles and a BA in Business or Finance.
About this Position:
- Develop new business in high-net-worth markets
- Convert existing and new leads into active clients
- Research and solicit new prospects
- Discover and bring new clients by outreach and networking efforts
- Build business with existing clients
- Provide exceptional client service
- Present analysis at semi-annual portfolio review meetings with clients
- Review client investments, insurance, tax planning, estate planning, etc. to ensure they meet the needs of each client
- Identify client needs and suggest innovative investment solutions
- Expand current client assets and services
- Financial planning
- Plan and execute direct marketing programs
- Develop a referral program for existing clients
- Deliver marketing and sales plans designed to build impact
- Clearly explain pros and cons of investment solutions to clients
- Create and maintain financial plans for current and prospective clients
- Manage and increase performance numbers
- Own all actions and responsibilities
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
Travel within territory is required to meet with prospects and clients
- BA degree (MUST)
- BA degree in Business or Finance (PLUS)
- CFP designation (PLUS)
- MBA (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience working with high net worth clients in financial services (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in financial service & wealth management products and practices (MUST)
- Demonstrated record of success in investment sales (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using financial planning and securities balancing software
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: CLIENT FIRST attitude, business development, solution oriented mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, works well with any personality, advanced written and verbal communication, team player, coaching/leadership skills, strong work ethic, goal oriented, ability to achieve set goals easily, high ethical standards
Benefits: competitive salary, health and dental insurance, 401k plan, daily lunch
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.