Social Worker - Long Term Care Facility
Oakdale, PA 15071
We seek a Social Worker at our client’s 110-bed long term care facility in Greater Pittsburgh.
The Social Worker assists patients and their families with adjustment to new, temporary and long term residence at the facility. For some, this addresses lifestyle changes due to illness, age or disability, discharge needs and recommendations or senior care. This role uses multiple treatments and approaches to resolve social, emotional or financially related issues and always adheres to the policies established by the facility or local, state and federal practices.
The ideal candidate is a natural at gaining the trust of residents with their friendly and approachable nature. They are highly experienced with matters of compliance and regulation and find comfort in following established order. An effective ability to communicate strengthens their excellent conflict resolution skills, allowing them to promote the positive facility environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Assist patients and family members with adjustments to lifestyle change
- Provides recommendations related to residence or discharge management
- Aims to alleviate pressure from social, emotional or financial issues
- Assist with discharge planning
- Liaise with family, referral sources, internal departments on behalf of patients
- Supervise and evaluate patient care
- Observe and implement care of residents
- Distribute tasks to team members
- Address complaints or concerns from residents, families, etc.
- Investigate and report incidents
- Provide respectful and courteous care to residents, families and visitors
- Prepare reports or recommendations
- Use tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Oversee compliance with policies, procedures and resident care policies
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations
- Provide social work services and counseling
- Monitor resident’s adjustment
- Complete assessments of residents
- Review and explain hospice and other services
- Develop relationships with community resource providers and agencies
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (MUST)
- Master's Degree in Social Work or other human services related field (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ working with case management, discharge planning, age-related changes (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Long Term Care (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.