Social Worker - Long Term Care Facility
Leonardtown, MD 20650
We seek a licensed Social Services Director for our client’s Long Term Care facility in Virginia.
Our client is a well-respected, 130-bed senior care facility. Their caring and dedicated staff take pride in providing a positive and compassionate environment for patients. Their personalized, outcome oriented treatment is designed for short term (such as with illness or injury) to long-term needs and for those in residence, they strive for a home-like culture where feeling safe and comfortable is paramount.
The Social Services Director oversees discharge planning and manages a team of social work and counseling professionals, ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and organizational standards.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Social Work, is licensed and has an innate ability to gain the trust of residents, families and visitors with their friendly and approachable nature. They are highly experienced with matters of compliance and regulation and have prior experience planning patient discharge.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Assist with patient admissions
- Oversee patient discharge
- Provides recommendations related to residence or discharge management
- Provide department input at inter-department care planning meetings
- Update patient documentation for all interactions and decisions
- Assist patients and family members with adjustments to lifestyle change
- Promote family education, support and communication
- Liaise with family, referral sources, internal departments on behalf of patients
- Supervise and evaluate patient care
- Manage department budget
- Participate in educational programs
- Provide in-service training
- Oversee team meetings
- Distribute tasks to team members
- On-board and train new team members
- Address complaints or concerns from residents, families, etc.
- Investigate and report incidents
- Provide respectful and courteous care to residents, families and visitors
- Prepare reports or recommendations
- Ensure team compliance with policies, procedures and resident care policies
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations
- Provide social work services and counseling
- Monitor resident’s adjustment
- Complete assessments of residents
- Develop relationships with community resource providers and agencies
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- BA+ Degree in Social Work (MUST)
- Active Social Work License (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ working with case management, discharge planning, age-related changes (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Long Term Care (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.