Sr Administrative Assistant at Nationwide Staffing Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90036 | Contract to Hire
Prominent, nationwide employment agency is seeking a proactive, senior level Administrative Assistant to join our Miracle Mile team. Another boring Administrative Assistant position? Not US! We’re different - let us prove it to you.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
Our Los Angeles office seeks a motivated, reliable ‘right-hand’ who can interact with candidates, clients and coworkers in a friendly, engaging way. We specialize in placing temporary and temp-to-hire candidates in roles that can lead to long-term opportunities with our valued clients. We’re proud to employ thousands of hard-working individuals with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is part recruiter. They uncover talent, interview candidates (on the phone and in person) and rely on excellent people reading skills to match the right skillset with available assignments. This hands-on opportunity allows you to immediately contribute to the flow and efficiency of our fast paced, Los Angeles division. You’ll partner with a team of like-minded individuals and back-up one another with overflow duties. In addition to sourcing and interviewing talent, you’ll keep the software system updated with orders, process onboarding paperwork, references, troubleshooting, reconciling timesheets with workflow spreadsheets, follow-up with clients and candidates along with facilitating new hire orientations.
It’s not always easy but it’s gratifying and you truly make a difference.
The ideal candidate has a friendly personality, patience and a genuine desire to HELP people. They are tech savvy and bring a strong desire to work in staffing, perhaps bringing staffing industry knowledge from prior roles. Bilingual candidates with property management experience are strongly desired. We’re looking for that needle in a haystack – a multi-tasking, optimistic people-person who can juggle priorities while staying calm, cool and collected. Is that YOU?
Our future star must be open to starting on a temporary-to-hire 40 hour basis, Monday through Friday, standard business hours. Upon successfully exceeding expectations, the opportunity exists to transition to regular full-time status.
About this Position:
- Assist candidates, employees and property management clients
- Data entry – update employee and customer records
- Interview candidates, assess their skillset and personality
- Complete new hire documentation
- Process employment verifications via online system
- Create new employee records
- Review and upload accurate documents related to personnel files
- Maintain and update employee and candidate records
- Place employees on temporary assignments
- Accurately enter order and assignment details into Avionte tracking system
- Review timesheets weekly
- Answer basic questions related to onboarding, assignments or payroll
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor laws and requirements
- Investigate and respond to employee relations concerns and complaints
- Treat all records, conversations, documents with confidentiality
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Occasional overtime is required.
About the Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in administrative role (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills - MS Office and learns new software FAST (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in staffing industry (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in property management industry (PLUS)
- Spanish speaking (PLUS)
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment compliance (PLUS)
- BA degree – or some college (PLUS)
- Personality: excellent time management, self-starter, organized, detail orientated, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), works well with groups, ethical, discrete, excellent customer service, friendly, helpful, sense of humor, patient, grace under pressure, easy going, tech savvy
This isn’t just a job – this is a career path with growth opportunities for those who excel and exude our core values. Even better, we have fun and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick, paid holidays, 401(k), medical, tuition reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.