Sr Director of Facilities and Operations
Los Angeles, CA 90066
We are interviewing experienced Senior Director of Facilities and Operations for an opportunity with our client, a Los Angeles university.
Our client’s university is one of the most innovative cultural institutions in the country, offering lectures, symposia and special institutes.
The Senior Director of Facilities and Operations supervises and manages the buildings and campuses for the university.
The ideal candidate brings 7+ years’ experience in facilities and operations management of a university or higher education institution and an MA degree or higher.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Manage campus operations at 2 locations
- Oversee hiring and training of new facilities employees
- Manage operations budget
- Direct deferred maintenance projects
- Guide new construction
- Manage campus scheduling
- Track expenses
- Provide income and expense data to corporate accountants for tax returns
- Oversee mailroom
- Manage strategic and business planning
- Strengthen community relationships, including those with government entities and figures
- Serve as a University liaison
- Oversee security/safety planning and operations
- Manage vendor selection and implementation
- Attend administrative and policy meetings and committees to represent the department
- Serve on the Board of Director’s Facilities and Auxiliary Services Committee
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA/BS degree (MUST)
- MA degree or higher (PLUS)
- 5+ years’ experience in directing operations (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in directing operations at a university (PLUS)
- Conversational Spanish (PLUS)
- Intermediate + computer skills: MS Office (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: high level leadership skills and experience, excellent grammar, ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, analytical, team building skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.