Sr. Communications Software Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
We seek a Senior Communications Engineer to join our client’s team.
This role designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs new and existing software systems and applications for remote presence communication software. Provides technical expertise throughout full development life cycle, including requirements analysis and design.
About the Position:
- Write technical specifications and requirements based on conceptual design and requirements
- Support, maintain, document and write unit tests
- Analyze code faults to find root causes of errors
- Create systems to pre-empt similar faults
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Work with end users to prototype, refine, test and debug programs
- Maintain existing code
- Port existing code to new platforms
- Design and develop new features, products, and utilities
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirement
- Define requirements, design reviews, implementation, testing and documentation
- Provide technical expertise on development projects
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Computer Science or comparable (MUST)
- 10+ years’ engineering experience (MUST)
- 6+ years’ experience implementing SIP protocol based internet video conferencing software (voice and video over IP) (MUST)
- Detailed knowledge of SIP user agent implementation, SIP proxy server, SIP Registrar and SIP redirect server (MUST)
- Working knowledge in RTP, RTCP, SDP, ICE TURN STUN NAT and firewall traversal, P2P (MUST)
- Knowledge of Kamailio SIP server (PLUS)
- Experience in Unix/Linux (PLUS)
- Experience with H.264 AVC, experience with H.264 SVC (PLUS)
- Apple iOS xCode app development experience (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in MySQL or similar relational database technologies (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong work ethic, collaborative, positive outlook, reliable, excellent written and verbal communication, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.