Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Direct Hire
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
We seek a motivated accountant for our client, a multi-office accounting firm with offices throughout California. Ideal candidates bring at least 2 years of public accounting experience, are comfortable working with any level client or management and have a keen interest in growing with an innovating team!
Known for their innovative customer service, our client uses proprietary software that integrates data management for a streamlined experience and provides online products that offer customers real time access to their accounts. As an industry leader, they are frequently called upon to provide expert testimony in court and guest lectures to colleagues around the world. Internally, they see themselves as a family and plan fun social activities that reinforce the bond enjoyed at the office. This is a great place to work!
Staff Accountants at this firm are client facing and work directly with family offices, business owners and high-net worth individuals. They assist with annual tax preparation, account management and general accounting support. We’re currently interviewing savvy accountants for this staff opening.
- Attend on-site meetings at client offices
- Assist with full cycle accounting
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General accounting: cash flow, payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries
- Manage month-end close
- Prepare financial statements
- Track client actuals vs. budgets
- Analyze financial reporting
- Prepare and file payroll tax returns and 1099s
- Improve accounting records and financial statements
- Convert accounting data from one software to another
- Onboard new entities in cloud-based software
- Track key deadlines, transactions, documents
- Assist with development of policies and procedures
- Account management
About The Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills: QuickBooks, MS Office Suite, advanced MS Excel, Xero (MUST)
- Personality and skills: motivated and enthusiastic, detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication, follow instructions well, time management, multi-task, highly organized, meticulous, clear communicator, proactive, resourceful problem solver
Benefits: top benefits, fun company events and atmosphere, quarterly socials, after deadline celebrations, cupcake events, and so much more
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.