Los Angeles, CA 90025
A property management firm in Los Angeles is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. This company is a small firm looking to add to their staff due to growth in the company. In this role, you will be responsible for working directly with the Controller putting together financial statements and working with court appointed receivership cases.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality, and keeps meticulous records. They have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience working with a medical accounting team specializing in A/R and general accounting, a degree in accounting, heavy excel and must be able to work well within a small company.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- General accounting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Enter financial transactions and daily cash activities
- Prepare month & year-end reports
- Record bank transactions, deposits, journal entries and payables
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Assist with monthly closings
- Perform inventory on equipment and parts regularly
- Provide monthly inventory, usage, ROI and cost reports
- Prepare inventory expense requests
- Improve job costing procedure to improve efficiency
- Prepare sales and tax returns quarterly
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and send invoices to customers
- Process credit memos
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Collections calls
- Use Excel heavily for tasks
- Maintain checks and balances for accuracy
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of associated duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- 1+ years’ property management experience (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills: accounting software, MS Word, Outlook, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: professional, strong work ethic, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, analytical, team player, detail oriented
Benefits: 100% paid Medical benefits after the probationary period
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.