Staff Accountant at Real Estate Firm
Tarzana, CA 91356
We seek a staff accountant to support the general accounting activities at our client’s private real estate firm in the valley.
Our client is a rapidly growing private real estate investment firm real estate investments throughout the US. Their portfolio includes a range of property types, including office, retail and multifamily. This staff accounting position offers immense growth potential and begins with a comprehensive benefits package and bonus structure.
This role provides senior-level oversight of daily accounting operations including bank reconciliation, accounts payable/receivable, cross-department communications, implementing policies and procedures and special projects.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth has a dynamic personality and keeps meticulous records. They have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with an accounting team specializing in real estate acquisition and management and a degree in accounting. Candidates are not required to have a real estate background, however, it’s a strong plus.
About the Position:
- Maintain accurate rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.
- Collect and track rents, late fees and check charges
- Initiate legal actions such as lockouts and evictions
- Regularly communicate with vendors and contractors for schedules, billing and COIs
- Submit A/P invoices for payment
- Process daily transactions using GAAP principles
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Implement internal process and controls
- Reconcile accounts
- Analyze financial data and variances
- Assist with compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Journal entries including payroll, monthly revenue, month end
- Prepare forecasting and annual budgets
- Update fixed asset records, additions and disposals and monthly depreciation numbers
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
- Maintain checks and balances for accuracy
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)
- Develop and/or implement retention programs
- Oversee third-party management services
- Coordinate construction/maintenance schedule and assignments
- Assist with leasing, financing, acquisition, due diligence and disposition of assets
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
This list of duties is not comprehensive. Ability to travel and have access to auto for local travel. Some evening and weekend work
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in general accounting (MUST)
- 1+ plus year’s using both computerized and manual accounting processes (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in real estate/property management accounting (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills: accounting software, MS Word, Outlook, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: professional appearance and manner, strong work ethic, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, analytical, team player, detail oriented, ethical, discrete, able to effectively engage with personnel at all levels
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.