Staff Accountant for Payroll – Emerging Market
Las Vegas, NV 89101 | Direct Hire
Career Strategies is interviewing accounting professionals for several fantastic Staff Accountant openings with our client, a Los Angeles based Cannabis firm leading the Seed to Sale industry.
Our client’s business model incorporates cultivation, production, distribution and retail operations throughout North America with a focus on safety, innovation and scalability. They’ve taken an active role in modernizing the industry as well as shaping the laws that affect it. Their quickly growing team includes leaders within their respective fields who ensure that the organization operates at the highest professional standards and regulations. The founders are highly regarded and called on frequently by major publications and news outlets to provide their views on the current and future cannabis landscape.
Staff Accountants provide daily accounting support including providing financial reports, month end closing support and payroll management. This role relies heavily on Excel, ADP, Quickbooks so ideal candidates come with comprehensive skills for these systems.
A competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity for career growth, make this opportunity a fantastic next step in any career. Some travel may be required.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Enter financial transactions and daily cash activities
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly accruels
- Prepare month & year-end reports
- Make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Record bank transactions, deposits, journal entries and payables
- Journal entries including payroll, monthly revenue, month end
- Preparation & reviews of income states and monthly balance sheet
- Compile and analyze financial information
- Reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Upload financial statements from QuickBooks
- Review GL coding and reconcile as needed
- Prepare Bi-Weekly ADP Payroll
- Prepare journal entries to general ledger and document transactions
- Manage accrued vacation time
- Assist Benefits team
- Maintain checks and balances for accuracy
- Troubleshoot accounting issues
- Assist in month-end closing
- Maintain files and documentation
- Assist with budget preparation, review and updates
- Accounts payable (A/P)
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
About The Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory payroll role (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in mid to large corporate environment (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience using ADP/Paychex software (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience using Quickbooks (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills: accounting software, MS Word, Outlook, advanced Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: professional, strong work ethic, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, analytical, team player, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.