Tax Assistant for Contract Term
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
We seek a Tax Assistant with STRONG Quickbooks and Excel skills for an immediate contract position, beginning ASAP for our client’s insurance and financial firm in Beverly Hills.
Our client is an insurance and financial firm whose roots with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company date back to 1911. Their office holds 18-20 in house employees and they have 130 agents total. This extremely professional environment offers a friendly culture with a tendency toward high tenure. Full-time opportunities include full benefits and bonuses, competitive salary and are focused on the development of their employees.
This part-time role will assist the Tax Manager during this busy season and could offer the potential for other opportunities in the future!
The assignment will average about 16 hours (Tuesday and Thursday) each week. The assignment is 30 days minimum but could be extended depending on the needs of the accounting team.
About the Candidate:
- AA + degree in accounting or related (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience sales tax prep and filing (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Excel and Quickbooks (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, advanced MS Excel skills, meticulous, detail oriented, analytical, positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.