Carson, CA 90745
We seek a Transportation Manager for a role in the transloading, transportation and logistics industry.
Our client grew from a small transportation provider to a large operation that includes multiple facilities, 60+ flatbed trucks and services moving product via rail, truck and sea. Collectively, our client has provided top notch services since the 1960’s, with major clients including the Port of LA. With early beginnings as a family company, they understand the importance of every team member and take pride in providing a supportive culture where employees feel at home.
The Transportation Manager leads their team in safe, timely and reliable transportation services within full compliance of federal regulations and company culture. They know their customers’ expectations and strive to exceed them. In that aim, they constantly seek improved methods for processes and mentor team members to ensure that processes are being followed accurately and efficiently through safety reviews, feedback and training.
The ideal candidate brings 4+ years’ of industry experience, a proven history of team management in logistics at a medium to large facility and a drive to consistently exceed expectations.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Create process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State, DOT, OSHA, company and customer regulations
- Maintain safe operations
- Ensure fleet is in working order, compliant and that supplies are available as needed
- Perform driver reviews
- Coach drivers to exceed expectations
- Provide training for all personnel
- Ensure wage and hour, workplace, and personnel regulations
- Load, record and accurately document product movement
- Learn and enforce customer processes
- Manage submission of paperwork
- Follow rail movement safety procedures
- Provide leadership and direction to Dispatch and drivers Team
- Monitor operations - gauges, dials, or other indicators
- Mentor new and current employees
- Determine causes of operating errors
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- Degree or certificate in Logistics or Transportation Studies (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience of industry related experience; transload, logistics, transportation (MUST)
- Equipment certifications
- TWIC Harbor Loaders certification (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills for industry software and applications (MUST)
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, D.O.T. and OSHA regulations (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, friendly, clear communication, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, critical thinker, honest, reliable, meets deadlines easily
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.