Trust Administration Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90071
We seek experienced administrative professionals to join our client’s rapidly growing financial company in Los Angeles.
Our client specializes in: Family Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Private Foundations, Post Death Administration, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, Court-Appointed "Neutral" Trustee. They combine the best qualities of a private trustee including personalized service, attention to detail and a focus on their clients’ well-being along with the security and continuity of a regulated financial institution and never sell investment products, which enables them to provide their clients with truly impartial fiduciary service.
This is a full-time position that provides the opportunity to learn about private trusts, components of banking, trust and estate law and asset management. This role is part of a team that assists with the administration of trust accounts. While some entry-level job experience is desired, no prior knowledge of trust administration is required.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality and keeps meticulous records. They bring 2+ years’ experience in finance related, administrative duties and a Bachelors degree. Using effective, professional communication skills with professionals at all levels (from executives to investors to team members) is a common aspect of their day to day.
About the Position:
- Prepare internal forms for trust creation
- On-board new trusts
- Set up accounts, transfers and distributions
- Respond to client and vendor inquiries timely and thoughtfully
- Perform research
- Track missing information
- Resolve data discrepancies
- Annual account reviews
- Provide assistance for accounts payable
- Generate statements
- Provide clerical support for personal and fiduciary tax preparation
- Review beneficiary documents
- Inventory personal assets
- Meet with vendors
- Special projects, as assigned
Occasional off-site project assistance
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BS/BA degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative assistant role (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in trust products and services (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: analytical, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and verbal communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver, time management
Benefits: Medical and dental coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(K) with company match, public transportation reimbursement, 4 weeks pto, 8 paid holidays + 2 paid floating holidays, workplace diversity, opportunity for growth within the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.