Los Angeles, CA 90071
We seek experienced finance professionals to join our client’s rapidly growing financial company in Los Angeles.
Our client specializes in: Family Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Private Foundations, Post Death Administration, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, Court-Appointed "Neutral" Trustee. They combine the best qualities of a private trustee including personalized service, attention to detail and a focus on their clients’ well-being along with the security and continuity of a regulated financial institution.
This is a client facing role requiring someone to take ownership over scheduling, travel planning, meeting preparation and being the first voice or face reached by clients.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth, has a dynamic personality and keeps meticulous records. They bring 5+ years’ experience in the financial industry, specific to trust management and have prior legal or CPA experience. Using effective communication with professionals at all levels (from executives, to investors, to team members) is a common aspect of their day to day.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Manage on-boarding of new trusts
- Establish and manage client relationships
- Review, interpret related documents and set up
- Identify and correct potential issues
- Prepare internal forms for trust creation
- Adhere to California Probate Code as applicable to trust administration
- Stay current of tax implications and knowledge regarding all trust types
- Present distributions for approval
- Perform annual reviews
- Evaluate the performance of investment advisors
- Determine beneficiary distribution amounts and frequency
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and terms of the governing instrument
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to ensure compliance and provide information as needed
- Special projects, as assigned
Occasional off-site project assistance
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BS/BA degree in accounting or equivalent experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in a legal/paralegal or CPA role (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in trust products and services (MUST)
- JD or Paralegal certification (PLUS)
- Strong knowledge of the principles of trust administration (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: analytical, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.