Unit Manager - Licensed RN Required
Fort Ann, NY 12827
We seek a Licensed RN for a Unit Manager position at our client’s facility in New York.
Our client specializes in timely and complete healing using cutting-edge rehabilitation technology and protocols for those recovering from surgery and injury with the aim to return patients to the place they love most; home. With long term living accommodations and community events, their welcoming space and friendly staff combine healthy living with and activity to provide a positive and memorable experience for both long and short-term residents.
The Unit Manager supervises their department and team of CNAs and LPNs. In addition to overseeing daily operations, ensuring top-quality care and accurate procedures, evaluating and guiding their team and performing nursing duties, they ensure team members provide a healthy and safe environment for patients, residents and family members to recover, thrive and address concerns.
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing the latest in rehabilitative care within a warm and supportive environment for residents and staff alike. They are actively licensed as an RN with 3+ years of nursing management experience at rehabilitation and senior care facilities. As effective communicators who lead by example, they bring a proven track record of maintaining a positive team culture.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Distribute tasks to team members
- Supervise nursing aides
- Organize and evaluate Nursing team
- Assess the quality of care given by team members
- Address complaints or concerns from residents, families, etc.
- Respond appropriately to changes in patient condition and document
- Review and revise nursing care plans
- Recruit and hire team staff
- Investigate and report employee incidents
- Plan and develop a budgeted process
- Attend meetings
- Prepare reports or recommendations
- Conduct routine rounds to monitor residents’ progress
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees
- Inform appropriate staff of changes in patients’ progress, condition or needs
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Evaluate team members
- Ensure clean appearance of the facility
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Respond to emergency situations
- Enforce facility policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Enforce federal, state and local standards and regulations
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (MUST)
- Current LPN license in good standing (MUST)
- CPR/BLS certificate (MUST)
- 3+ years’ of nursing experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Senior Care (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in nursing management (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.