Unit Manager - Licensed RN or LPN
Tifton, GA 31793
We seek a Licensed RN for a leadership opportunity as a Unit Manager at our client’s busy 140-bed long term care healthcare facility in Georgia.
The Unit Manager works closely with the Director of Nursing and supervises their team. In addition to overseeing daily operations, they ensure team members provide the highest level of care to patients and perform procedures accurately, complete staff evaluations and offer guidance, nursing duties, address family concerns and other related activities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing quality senior care to every resident and leading by example. They are effective communicators and experienced at building top notch multidisciplinary teams incorporating both skilled nursing professionals and non-medical support. Their excellent conflict resolution skills allow them to foster a positive team culture. They are an actively licensed LPN with 3+ years of nursing management experience at senior care facilities.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Distribute tasks to team members
- Supervise nursing aides
- Organize and evaluate Nursing team
- Assess the quality of care given by team members
- Address complaints or concerns from residents, families, etc.
- Respond appropriately to changes in patient condition and document
- Review and revise nursing care plans
- Recruit and hire team staff
- Investigate and report employee incidents
- Plan and develop a budgeted process
- Attend meetings
- Prepare reports or recommendations
- Conduct routine rounds to monitor residents’ progress
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees
- Inform appropriate staff of changes in patients’ progress, condition or needs
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Evaluate team members
- Ensure clean appearance of the facility
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Respond to emergency situations
- Enforce facility policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Enforce federal, state and local standards and regulations
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (MUST)
- Current LPN license in good standing (MUST)
- CPR/BLS certificate (MUST)
- 3+ years’ of nursing experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Senior Care (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in nursing management (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.