VP Relationship Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Our client, one of the largest privately held financial institutions in the United States, seeks a VP Relationship Manager to establish and build upon business relationships in the local community.
Operating from the Westside, our client’s customer service philosophy is based on “partnership”. As Los Angeles’ top influencers and decision makers, this institution customers expect and receive a collaborative experience to determine and arrive at the financial strategies that will best represent each customer’s values, needs and demands.
The VP Relationship Manager develops business client relationships and provides superior customer service with the aim of achieving financial objectives set by clients.
Ideal candidates bring 7+ years’ of commercial banking experience that shows knowledge of credit skills and instruments and a proven track record of successful client relationship building. They are highly self-motivated yet work well within teams dedicated to growing business.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Seek and establish new relationships in the community
- Develop increasingly stronger partnerships with existing customers
- Analyze commercial lending opportunities
- Assess credit worthiness of borrowers
- Determine loan eligibility of borrowers
- Recommend credit products
- Monitor loan portfolio performance
- Understand and explain working capital lines of credit
- Originate loans
- Accurately report on client accounts
- Sell commercial banking services
- Stay ahead of market trends
- Develop a network of referral sources
- Other duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree in Finance or related (PLUS)
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in commercial banking and credit instruments (MUST)
- Strong business development skills (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite: Excel, Word, Argus (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: solution oriented mindset, solid interpersonal skills, works well with any personality, advanced written and verbal communication, team player, strong work ethic, ability to achieve set goals easily, excellent writing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.